So you’re worried about the duplicate content filter. It is a myth that articles from article directories will “kill” your website. The truth is you can use up to 90% of recycled material and still rank well in Google and Yahoo. It doesn’t matter if you are using article from article directories or old articles that you’ve published in your other websites.
Strategy to Leverage Articles from Article Directory
First, let’s make this clear – an article from the article directory is duplicate content. If your website has nothing but just these free articles then you are creating garbage in the cyberspace. And Google doesn’t like this.
So you still need to build unique content. But, you just need to do 10% of the work!
From my experience, you can have up to 90% of recycled material on your website and still get good ranking. So, if you want to build a 40-pages website, you just need to write 4 or 5 pages of unique content. Imagine what you can do with the time you’ve save – you can build 9 more 40-pages websites!
7-Step to Build Top Ranking Content Website with Articles from Article Directory
It is a myth that using articles from article directories will damage the search engine ranking of your website or even get it de-listed for duplicated content.
Here’s the secret why news portal can use similar news reports from all over the world and still ranked in the search engines and get high PageRank from Google.
Practically, you can safely use up to 90% of recycled material and still rank well in Google and Yahoo. These contents can come from article directories or old articles that you’ve published on your other websites.
1. Write your 5 pages of unique content optimized for the search terms that you want to target. You now have 5 sets of targeted keywords.
2. Visit your favorite article directory (e.g. http://ezinearticles.com), and search for articles related to your targeted keywords.
3. For 5 pages of unique content pages, you can use up to 35 articles from the article directories. Now you can have up to 7 groups of articles, each relating to one of your unique content pages. In this example, the ratio is 7 articles to 1 unique content page(7:1). However, you can use a ratio of between 5:1 to 10:1.
4. Use the most relevant articles you can find to focus on each set of your targeted keywords. You will link each of these 7 articles to the one unique content page. In turn, your unique content page should link to some of these 7 articles.
5. You may want to add a 2-3 lines summary of the article at the top of each article page. Also, you can insert related article links in between paragraphs to break pattern of the original article.
6. Avoid putting up ads, affiliate links or links to external website on your article page. However, it is good practice to link your article page to authority website i.e. web page with Google PageRank PR8 or above that share the same topics as your article.
7. Monetize your unique content pages with Adsense, YPN, affiliate links and etc. Remember, to get quality links to your unique content pages. This will definitely improve your SERP ranking and your revenue.
To use the above article on your website, please include the following resource box.
<p>Visit <a href=”https://internetmarketingcoach.wordpress.com/”>Internet Marketinging Coach</a> (https://internetmarketingcoach.wordpress.com) to get the latest online marketing tips and useful guide to help increase your Internet marketing business.</p>